Odds are I would risk going into this situation totally untrained (and likely to die) just for the chance that the lion MIGHT hug me, too.
During his final song at a concert in Argentina, John grabbed a guitar from the audience, tuned it, played it during his song, signed it, and returned it to the fan.
Cliff Alexander, a 6’8″ forward from Chicago (and the #3 basketball recruit in the nation) announced what college he was going to play basketball for on Friday. This is how he decided to do it. First watch the #1 video, then watch the reaction videos uploaded by Illinois fans. Kind of amazing, although I feel for them because this is how I felt with LeBron.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
“Whatever Happened” – OAR
“Red Dirt Road” – Brooks and Dunn
“Just For Now” – Imogen Heap
“Make Damn Sure” – Taking Back Sunday
“Love Your Love The Most” – Eric Church
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be? This answer will never be ANYTHING other than, “John Mayer.” Ever…. seriously.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17. “I used to tell friends that Wall Steet is the kind of place where they will buy you or sell you, but they don’t really give a hoot about you so long as they can make money off you.”
4) What do you think about most? I worry about all kinds of things.
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say? “Meat BALLS!!!!” courtesy of Kelsie, haha
7) What’s your strangest talent? I can do all sorts of weird tricks with my tongue, like flipping it, and turning it into a tube without using my lips for help
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you? My very first boyfriend (I’m talking like…8th grade) wrote me tons of poems/songs that never became songs. In theory it’s sweet, but when someone writes you like 100 of them, it’s awkward.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar? Hmmm I can’t think of the last time. I play Guitar Hero all the time if that counts.
11) Do you have any strange phobias? I don’t like touching ice cubes, or listening to the sound of ice being shaved or chipped, it gives me goosebumps and freaks me out.
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose? My finger. Does that count?
13) What’s your religion? Target.
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing? Walking to into my work building, since that’s all I do now. Work!
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it? Behind it. I’m not a fan of being in pictures, I look stupid in all of them.
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band? John Mayer Trio
17) What was the last lie you told? I can’t think of one, so I have that going for me.
18) Do you believe in karma? No.
19) What does your URL mean? It’s my name with the word “blah” in front of it. When I was naming my blog it was difficult since it doesn’t have an overall focus. It’s just blah blah blah stuff, hence…. blahbethany.
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength? My greatest weakness is I get overwhelmed easily and lose the ability to be objective. My greatest strength is that I’m smart and sharp.
21) Who is your celebrity crush? John Mayer. Tim Tebow. Jason Momoa. Chris Hemsworth. Jon Hamm. Jake Gyllenhaal.
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping? I did once this summer, but I didn’t “skinny” dip until I was already in the water, so I’m not sure if it counts since no one saw anything.
23) How do you vent your anger? If I’m 10/10 mad, I’m probably yelling. But I rarely get 10/10 mad. If I’m like a 6/10 mad, I just want someone to listen to me and agree with me (or tell me what I want to hear).
24) Do you have a collection of anything? I don’t actively collect anything except nail polish, haha.
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online? I don’t really talk on the phone or enjoy talking on the phone, at least unless I really really like a guy. It’s rare for me to want to talk to someone on the phone. I’ve never skyped. Video chatting is hawkward.
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become? Sure am.
27) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love? I hate the sound of scraping ice. I love the sound of cats purring, and I don’t even like cats that much.
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens? No for ghosts, which I constantly have to remind myself of when I’m alone in the dark. As for aliens, ehhhhh I don’t know. There’s probably some form of life out there, but in my head I see them as little blobs that look totally different and aren’t as advanced as us. And even if they are just like us, I don’t think we’ll ever come in contact with each other.
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm. Both arms touch my bed.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell? Candle burning on my nightstand.
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been to? Prisons and ghettos in Juarez, Mexico.
33) Choose East Coast or West Coast? East coast all day erry day.
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender? God, how many times am I going to end up saying “John Mayer” in this survey?
36) Define Art. Taking a picture, making it black and white, posting it to Facebook/Instagram.
37) Do you believe in luck? I make my own luck.
38) What’s the weather like right now? Cold enough that none of the snow has melted.
39) What time is it? 3:32 AM.
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed? Yes I drive. I’ve caused 1 fender bender, was recently side swiped, and totaled my car hitting a deer once on the freeway. Woooo, being a woman driver rocks.
41) What was the last book you read? The Hobbit
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline? Little whiffs, but not for extended periods of time or else it makes me feel sick.
43) Do you have any nicknames? Bethie, boo, boofer, boofie, boobie, tuna, megaphone, belieber, boof, boo, boo bear, bethie boo, hollywood, liebchen
44) What was the last movie you saw? The Hobbit
45) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? When I was really little I poked a hole in the back of my throat with a big Jolly Rancher I sucked into a point. I fell while chasing our cat outside. It was gross. Other than that…. that’s my only injury. I’ve been lucky like that.
47) Do you have any obsessions right now? Shopping on Amazon.com
48) What’s your sexual orientation? Straight
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you? When I left the private high school I went to, some people said I got pregnant so I left, and then I heard people said I was a lesbian with my best friend. Yay, Christiain school rumors! haha
50) Do you believe in magic? No.
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? Yes.
52) What is your astrological sign? Aries, although I don’t have the slightest clue what that means.
53) Do you save money or spend it? Spend it. If I made enough to save it, I probably would.
54) What’s the last thing you purchased? Kelsie’s birthday gift.
55) Love or lust? Neither as of right now, haha.
56) In a relationship? Nope.
57) How many relationships have you had? Legit, mature ones? Two. One was amazing and one was completely dysfunctional and unhealthy.
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No.
59) Where were you yesterday? At work, then I went to Play It Again Sports to buy a softball glove.
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? No, I have made a conscious decision not to own anything pink, haha.
61) Are you wearing socks right now? Eff socks.
62) What’s your favorite animal? I’m an animal lover, so this is constantly changing, but ones that are always in the mix are koalas, puffins, and dogs.
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you? I don’t have a secret weapon, I am just myself. I try not to trick people into liking me, haha
64) Where is your best friend? She’s at my house, and I’m not, haha. Our life story. She’s basically part of the family
66) What is your heritage? German, Chickasaw Indian, and a tiny bit of a few other things that I always forget.
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM? Sleeping
68) What do you think is Satan’s last name? Palin
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend? Yeah man. I’m loyal to a fault, honest, and I’ll do just about anything for my friends.
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do? Pfttt, totally save the dog. No question. I almost got hit by a car a few weeks ago trying to save a dog from traffic.
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid? I mean I’m not going to announce it on Facebook or something, but I’d tell those close to me, absolutely. I don’t think once you have that information that you have any right to keep it from those close to you. I’d spend my remaining days spending time with my family and getting all my affairs together so it would be easier on my family once I go. And yeah, I’d be really afraid. Death is scary.
73) You can only have one of these things; trust or love. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive, so I choose not to answer this question. They should go hand in hand.
74) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Roll To Me by Del Amitri.
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number? 1919
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? Good communication
77) How can I win your heart? Make me feel special and pretty. Don’t stop being nice to me when you’re around your friends. Surprise me every once in a while. I’d prefer a card with something thoughtful written in it over an expensive gift any way. That kind of stuff with get saved forever and goes a long way.
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity? I wouldn’t know.
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? Transferring high schools
80) What size shoes do you where? 8 1/2 usually
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone? Pepperoni. Oh, wait, what was the question?
82) What is your favorite word? Accosted
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word; heart. That stupid thing people do with their hands that makes a heart. Taylor Swift does it a lot. It annoys me.
84) What is a saying you say a lot? “seriously.”
85) What’s the last song you listened to? “Everybody Talks” – Neon Trees
86) Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors? Orange.
87) What is your current desktop picture?
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be? I wouldn’t do that. I try not to let people get to me that much.
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power? The ability to know what people are thinking, but I can turn it on and off. I wouldn’t want to know all the time.
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? Hmm that’s tough. I have no idea….BIRTH. That’d be cool.
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be? Deciding to take this survey. How did I do this like 8 times a week at the age of 16?
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be? JOHN MAYER. That’s 4 times I’ve answered his name so far.
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? Barcelona with a handsome man for a romantic trip. Handsome man I take is negotiable.
96) Do you have any relatives in jail? Not that I know of. I surprisingly don’t have any white trash relatives. *fingers crossed*
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car? Not that I can think of.
98) Ever been on a plane? Many times.
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say? Haaaaaay.
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr. They all start with “F*ck Yeah” and end with things like “Tina Fey” “Jersey Shore” and “Ryan Gosling”